Thursday, April 24, 2008

Super easy chinese tofu! (or whatever your meat preference)

We've been neglecting this poor blog...

So Bird's Eye, and several other vegetable companies have made it super easy to whip up a tasty, and healthy Chinese meal!

Bird's Eye Steamable brown rice
Bird's Eye Steamable Asian vegetable medley
I usually use Teriyaki sauce mixed with a little honey (I like sweet teriyaki), but I've also used Sweet and Sour sauce
Extra Firm tofu
Sesame oil

First chop up your tofu into little cubes.
Sautee them in a little sesame oil until the edges are a golden brown (you can use any oil, I just like sesame for chinese dishes)
Steam your veggies in the microwave.
Mix veggies with tofu, and pour in your sauce. Heat together in a pan.
Steam your rice in the microwave.

Voila!

You could do the same thing with any other meat- chicken and shrimp would probably work out really well!

Love,
Nicole B

1 comment:

Stevie said...

thanks for all the great recipes girls! I'm trying to go veg and it's great to have fun new recipes to try.
I tried the chinese tofu last night and it went pretty well. It was my first tofu experience and I added a little too much teriyaki etc. which over powered my meal a little so I know what to fix next time.
I'm trying to adjust my family slowly to veggi meals however I might have taken a big step with the tofu. my dad said he had a stomach ache and wouldn't eat any of it (he had cheerios~ no accounting for taste) baby steps!
Keep the great recipes coming!!!